Career Opportunities at Roadstone Wood
In 2008 CRH plc employed 93,500 people in 35 countries on 3 continents at 3,700 locations. Roadstone Wood employs about 1000 and a further 500 in sub-contracting in Ireland. In Ireland CRH plc employs about 2,500 and is in the top 3 in its sector in the world
Opportunities exist on occasion in the following areas:
* Engineering (Mechanical, Civil etc)
* Craftsperson (Fitters, Mechanics etc)
* Administration (Dispatch clerks etc)
Some of the benefits of being a part of the CRH plc group include:
* Support for continuous training or education in relevant areas.
* Excellent pension scheme.
* Share participation and share save schemes.
* Competitive salary and bonus
Roadstone places a high priority on attracting quality people and retaining them by providing challenging work, competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a safe work environment.
Graduate training involves a two-year traineeship in all operational aspects of the business including quarrying, sand & gravel extraction, manufacturing of concrete products and blacktop surfacing.
Attendance for the final year of Quarry Management course in Doncaster or AIT is compulsory.
Further graduate training is provided through a CRH sponsored group wide Leadership Development programme in the Irish Management Institute.