- 1. What strength and to what standard is forticrete masonry block manufactured to?
The strength of Forticrete is 10N/mm”(Standard 100mm blocks 7.5N/mm”) and it is manufactured to IS: EN 771 standard.
- 2. Where would Forticrete be used?
Industrial, commercial buildings of all kinds and boundary walls (not so much in housing).
- 3. What are the sizes of Forticrete masonry?
Standard range-440 x 215 x 100mm
Modular range-390 x 190 x 90mm
Note: Building in the modular range is 20% more expensive than standard 450 range.
- 4. What is the colour range?
12 single colours and 3 multi-colours (view brochure)
- 5. What are the most popular colours?
White and natural.
- 6. What textures are available?
Smooth in all colours
Split in all colours
Split fluted in all colours
Split ribbed in all colours
Sim. ½ split
- 7. What specials are available?
We have an extensive range of specials (view brochure). We can also cut many Lintels, cills, quoins, squints etc. our cutting shop.
- 8. What position should Control Joints be at?
Usually 6 metres-centre horizontally.
- 9. What is the availability of Forticrete?
The delivery time is usually 3-4 weeks from date of order. Dependant on quantity some products will be available – contact our production plan for availability. Phone: (01) 8581650
- 10. Where do I contact re-deliveries, orders and samples?
Your local Roadstone Retail Outlet, Sales rep or our Production plant @ Phone: (01) 8581650 / Fax: (01) 8343931
- 11. What is the availability of coloured mortar?
We supply mortar or pigment to match/contrast with most colours. White blocks-for white mortar use sand/lime mortar with efflorescence inhibitor and white cement. Approximately 21/2 tonnes per 1000 blocks (100mm on edge).
- 12. What should I state when ordering?
Colours, quantity, when delivery is required, site location and directions, site contact name and telephone number.
- 13. What about deciding the quantity of material required?
Our technical sales representative will assist but the responsibility remains with the builder.
- 14. How many blocks per m²?
Number per m² Standard Range 440 x 215 x100mm 10 Modular Range 390 x 190 x 90mm 12.5
- 15. Can I return blocks that are not required?
Un-opened pallets of Forticrete can be taken back with prior agreement with the rep. Transport and restocking charge of 15% will be implemented.
- 16. How is it delivered?
Crane truck for easy off-loading in Bails, which are stretch wrapped and covered.
- 17. How many blocks are in a pallet?
Generally 96 blocks per pallet for the 4” (100mm) blocks and 48 blocks per pallet for the 9” (215mm blocks).
- 18. What is it made from?
Dense aggregate concrete
- 19. Where is Forticrete made?
Forticrete is made at Roadstone Ltd, North Road, Finglas, Dublin 11 Phone: (01) 8581650 / Fax: (01) 8343931