- 1. To what specification is Hallmark Walling manufactured?
Manufactured to ISO 20:1987
- 2. What strength is this product?
- 3. Where is Hallmark used?
It can be used internally or externally on any building. It is an alternative to brickwork, stonework or plaster finishes, Hallmark is an ideal product for one off houses and boundary walls.
- 4. Who can I contact re-deliveries and orders?
Contact Phone: (01) 8581650 / Fax: (01) 8343931
- 5. What should I state when ordering?
Colour, Quantity /M², when delivery is required, site location and directions, site contact name and telephone number.
- 6. How do I know how many different sizes I need?
Our staff will calculate the mixture dependent on bond/pattern required.
- 7. How many pieces per M²?
Approximately 35 -dependant on Bond/pattern used.
- 8. How is it delivered?
Pallets are shrink wrapped and covered for protection and delivered by crane truck for easy off-loading.
- 9. How many M ² per truck?
90M² on rigid truck. 125M² on arctic truck
- 10. What is the pallet weight?
980 kgs per pallet (1 tonne)
- 11. What is the pallet size?
1M x 1M x 1M
- 12. Who works out the quantities?
The builder but your Roadstone Wood representative will be happy to help. Roadstone Wood cannot take responsibility for quantities. Where do I order Hallmark? Contact the office or your local rep. 01-8581650.
- 13. What if I am short, say 10M²?
We will schedule a truck to deliver within 2-3 days.
- 14. Will you take back pallets if too much is delivered?
Unopened pallets in good condition can be returned. There will be a 15% restocking/transport charge.
- 15. Are small random packs available?
Random packs, all colours available ex. Stock.″5M
- 16. What colours are available/What mortar should I use?
Colour Hallmark Mortar Pigment From Pewter Natural None Pewter Blend Natural None Old Graphite Black or natural Black Huntstown Silver White Cement None Huntstown Nickel Nickel Straw Huntstown Nickel Blend Nickel Straw Huntstown Tulke Natural None Kaspar
- 17. Who can lay Hallmark / Do I need a stone mason?
A good bricklayer will lay Hallmark. A stone mason is not required.
- 18. What bond do you recommend?
Random Bond is the most popular and natural looking and it is easier to lay.
- 19. What kind of joint is recommended?
Rubbed with a bar and then brushed.
- 20. What is it laid in?
Standard or coloured mortar as listed above in q10.
- 21. How much mortar is needed?
Approximately 1 tonne per 20m”(100mm leaf)-3″ bags of cement per tonne.
- 22. How does the blocklayer know the pattern?
There is a pattern shown in the brochure as a guide. The block layer mixes sizes as he builds. It is easy to make it look random using different sizes scattered throughout.
- 23. Does it tie in/course in with brickwork?
Yes, brick or block.
- 24. Can you get the textured face on both sides?
Only by building it back to back.
- 25. Where is it made?
Huntstown, North Road, Finglas, Dublin 11 Phone: (01) 8581650 / Fax: (01) 8343931
- 26. What is it made from?
Dense aggregate concrete.
- 27. Will there be colour variation if ordered much later?
This will not be noticeable in the blended colours, in single colours it is possible but it is a natural product.
- 28. Where can I see some houses?
A list is available on request.
- 29. How can I cap a 9” wall?
Either a standard precast capping or Hallmark-HM 7 or HM 8.
- 30. How do we build piers?
Piers are easily built by using a textured end Hallmark usually a mixture of HM 1,7 & 10 for the corners-use other units depending on size of pier.
- 31. How do I cap the piers?
A precast cap with overhang and throating is the best and keeps the pier clean.
- 32. Some handy conversions for working out quantities?
Sq. feet to sq.metres /10.76
E.g.: 120 sq. ft / 10.76 = 11.15m²
Sq.yards to sq.metres x 0.836
E.g.: 40 sq.yds x 0.836 =11.15m²
Feet to Metres/3.28
E.g: 60 ft/3.28=18.29m
Length Yards to Metres/1.0945
E.g. 100 yards /1.0945=91.4m
- 33. Is coloured mortar available?
Only in some areas. If not available Roadstone Wood supply dye for the site mix.
- 34. How much dye should I use?
Gauge on site to suit but no more than 10% by weight and cement.
- 35. What about lintels and cills?
Steel lintels are required. Forticrete, Brick, Natural stone cills can all be used, deep cills are very effective.
- 36. Are specials required for corners?
Specials are not required at corners HM 1, 5,7 & 10 have a textured end for returns and are supplied as standard. We can supply smooth, textured or hammered (rough) corner blocks for effect if required.
- 37. Tips for Laying (including brickwork and masonry):
Cover all fresh work at night from rain and frost. Fill/compact all vertical joints. Use 6”(150mm) vertical D.P.C (Damp proof course) at windows and doors. Use stepped D.P.C over all windows and doors in accordance with good building practice. Never use cavity fill insulation Never use expanded metal for wall ties. Control joints usually 6m centres (10mm wide).
- 38. Is there technical backup available?
Yes. Make full use of Technical Rep. experience-he will be happy to help.
- 39. Is it waterproof?
No more than brickwork-most of the penetrations go through the vertical joints, make sure they are filled and compacted-don’t fill the cavity with insulation.
- 40. Does it discolour in time?
Fading in colour concrete happens when the pigment wears off the face of the aggregate stone. As Hallmark is split textured right through the aggregate it is therefore ready weathered. Weathering will always occur on walling material due to dust and the atmosphere.However all concrete will weather a little.
- 41. Is it easy to build and will it match standard blocks?
Yes it is easy to build and suits standard blockwork.
- 42. Is it subject to lichen or moss growth?
No more than any other wall finish when properly laid with proper overhangs.
- 43. Are there any special requirements?
Always cover and protect from frost and rain. Consider plastering chimneys or use a cavity and cavity tray as per B.S 5628 Pt.3.