1. What is a Roadstone Thermal Liteblock?
A lightweight concrete block with an excellent thermal conductivity (Lambda λ) value of 0.33W/mk.
2. What is the strength, weight and size of the block ?
Compressive Strength 7.5N/mm2
Dimensions 440mm(L) x 100mm(W) x 215mm(H)
3. What is Part L of the Building Regulations?
The requirements regarding conservation of fuel and energy for new dwellings are laid out in Building Regulations (Part L Amendment) Regulations 2011 including the limitation of thermal bridging in the building fabric.
4. What is fabric first approach?
Energy efficient design begins with a fabric first approach whereby the buildings shape, orientation, thermal mass and a focus on detailing that limits thermal bridging will save energy.
5. What is a Y factor calculation ?
The DEAP calculation accounts for thermal bridging at junctions between building plane elements and around openings using a (y) factor.
6. What is a thermal bridge ?
Thermal bridging is a localised area of the building envelope where the heat flow is increased in comparison with that of adjacent areas due to the discontinuation of insulation at building junctions.
7. Where do I use Roadstone Thermal Liteblocks ?
The Roadstone Thermal Liteblock is required at key junctions to provide reductions in thermal bridging and heat loss.
8. Do I need to use a special mortar / plaster ?
Roadstone Thermal Liteblock provides excellent adhesive properties with traditional mortars and renders.
9. Is the Roadstone Thermal Liteblock CE marked?
The Roadstone Thermal Liteblock is CE marked in accordance with the requirements of I.S. EN771-3 to system 2+.
10. Where can I get technical info on Thermal Liteblocks?
Roadstone has a dedicated technical team to deal with enquiries on the requirements Part L of the Building Regulations and our solution- Thermal Liteblock.
11. How will I get the construction details for my house ?
Please contact one of our technical team to discuss your building project and to access certified construction details.
Michael Vaughan – 0862453881
Thomas Holden – 0872585445
12. How can I identify the Thermal Liteblocks during construction?
Roadstone Thermal Liteblock is heather in colour to facilitate easier identification and inspection.
13. How many blocks in a bale ?
80 blocks in each hooded bale
14. Where can I order the blocks ?
Blocks can be ordered from any of our depots.