Roadstone Aggregates are produced at all quarry locations by means of blasting, crushing and screening into the required sizes. Aggregates produced at our Pit locations are extracted by excavator and screened/crushed into the required sizes.
Materials may vary in maximum size and percentage size distribution (grading) to suit the required applications. When producing these materials the aim is to always to have a finished product which is clean, hard and durable and capable of performing as required in an engineering environment.
Some aggregates have specific properties which give good resistance to polishing when used in Surface Course Asphalt materials. These aggregates are termed as High PSV aggregate and are used to either surface dress the pavement, are incorporated into the hot asphalt mix or are applied to the surface as a pre-coated chipping.
Production is managed under our ISO 9001 Quality Management scheme with all locations having either System 2+ or 4 levels of attestation of conformity as appropriate.
Key Features & Benefits
- Strong and durable to meet the demands of the civil engineering environment
- Specified under Transport Infrastructure Ireland and Annex E of S.R. 21
- Available in a range of sizes and gradings
- Made from local materials manufactured to the highest standards.
- Large volumes can be accommodated
- Production managed under ISO 9001 Quality Management scheme
Aggregates are used in the downstream production of our various end products such as Ready Mix Concrete, Concrete blocks, Masonry and Mortars and Asphalt.