Roadstone manufacture the most extensive range of High Strength concrete blocks in Ireland from the highest quality aggregates produced at our own quarries. Blockwork and masonry blocks have been the proven mainstay of modern construction techniques in Ireland.
- Available in High compressive strength
- Class A1 – Fire resistance
- Excellent sound insulation
- Long term durability
- Sustainable production process
- Low thermal conductivity and high thermal capacity
- Blocks can be colour coded for easy identification on site and in situ
- Extensive range of solid and hollow blocks
- Standard sizes – metric 450mm and modular 400mm ranges
- Wide choice of accessory products
- Produced at 12 locations nationwide
- Cost effective
They are available in both metric and modular size ranges and are suitable for plastering
Group 1 (solid) 13N/mm², 18N/mm², 24N/mm², 30N/mm²
Group 2 (cavity) 13N/mm², 18N/mm²
(I.S. EN772-1 fm dry).The blocks can be integrally coloured for identification purposes, texture can vary due to differing source materials and production methods.
Standard Concrete Blocks
- I.S. EN ISO 9001:2000 quality management system
- I.S. EN 771-3:2011 Specification for Masonry Units – Part 3: Aggregate Concrete Masonry Units using an NSAI, System 2+ Certificate of factory production control.
- Roadstone products also meet the statutory requirements of the relevant sections of The IrishBuilding Regulations 2014
- 450mm Range 100mm / 140mm / 215mm
- 400mm Range 90mm / 190mm
- Quoins, Cavity, Closer, Lintels, Bond Beams
- The full Forticrete range of shapes and sizes can be made to order .
- Available to I.S. EN772-1 fm dry
- Group 1 (solid) 7.5N/mm² 13N/mm² and 18N/mm²
- Group 2 (cavity) 4.5N/mm² 5N/mm² and 13N/mm²
- Euro code 6 – I.S. EN 1996 Design of Masonry Structures – Part 1-2: General Rules – Structural Fire Design, defines the methods and calculations to determine the fire resistance of concrete block walls. Table N.B3.1 to table N.B3.6 of annex A, Roadstone Blocks have a Class A1 Fire rating
- I.S. EN 1745 Masonry and masonry products-Methods for determining design thermal values . table A3
- Typical Thermal resistance “R” value of 100 mm solid block = 0.084 (m²K/W)
- Typical Thermal resistance “R” value of 215 mm cavity block = 0.210 (m²K/W)
Further information on technical guidance and blocks brochure.