Roadstone Soundblox, sound absorbing structural masonry units, offers an attractive, efficient and economical means for acoustical correction and noise control.
Soundblox derive their excellent sound absorption from a unique cavity-slot resonator construction with the absorption greatly increased by the use of metal septa and fibrous fillers in the cavities. The cavities are closed at the top and the slots allow the closed cavities to act as damped (Helmholtz) resonators.
- High sound absorption
- Load-bearing structural units
- Same high compressive strength as ordinary hollow blocks
- Close tight texture finish ideal for painting
- Long term durability
- Noise Reduction Coefficient: 0.75 Approx
- Available nationwide
- Installed conventionally
- No additional labour costs
- Cost effective
The durability of Soundblox units permits their use in walls in industrial plants, gymnasiums and mechanical equipment rooms etc.