Roadstone Forticrete Abbeystone is one of the most recent developments in our Architectural Masonry range. Abbeystone adds a natural weathered appeal to the classic masonry finish.
Our unique process that gives the product a natural weather look involves shot blasting the surface of the units to expose the natural grains in the granite sands and aggregates used to produce this product. Abbeystone is available in five standard colours and is available in the full range of Forticrete shapes and sizes.
Key features and benefits
- Available in a range of five colours
- Manufactured to tight dimensional tolerances
- Extensive range of solid and hollow blocks
- Standard sizes - metric 450mm and modular 400mm ranges
- Wide choice of accessory products
- Available nationwide
- Class A1 - Fire resistance
- Excellent sound insulation
- Low thermal conductivity and high thermal capacity
- Long term durability
- Cost effective
Roadstone Forticrete Abbeystone
- I.S. EN ISO 9001:2000 quality management system
- I.S. EN 771-3:2011 Specification for Masonry Units – Part 3: Aggregate Concrete Masonry Units using an NSAI, System 2+ Certificate of factory production control.
- Roadstone products also meet the statutory requirements of the relevant sections of The Irish Building Regulations 2014
- 450mm Range 100mm / 140mm / 215mm
- 400mm Range 90mm / 190mm
- Quoins, Cavity, Closer, Lintels, Bond Beams
- The full Forticrete range of shapes and sizes can be made to order .
- Available to I.S. EN772-1 fm dry
- Group 1 (solid) 13N/mm² and 18N/mm²
- Group 2 (cavity) 5N/mm² and 13N/mm²
- Euro code 6 – I.S. EN 1996 Design of Masonry Structures – Part 1-2: General Rules – Structural Fire Design, defines the methods and calculations to determine the fire resistance of concrete block walls. Table N.B3.1 to table N.B3.6 of annex A, Roadstone Blocks have a Class A1 Fire rating
- I.S. EN 1745 Masonry and masonry products-Methods for determining design thermal values . table A3
- Typical Thermal resistance “R” value of 100mm solid block = 0.084 W/mK
- Typical Thermal resistance “R” value of 215mm cavity block = 0.210 W/mK