Roadstone Aggregates are produced at all quarry locations by means of blasting, crushing and screening into the required sizes. Aggregates produced at our Pit locations are extracted from the pit face by excavator and screened into the required sizes.
Materials may vary in maximum size and percentage size distribution (grading) to suit the required applications. When producing these materials the aim is to always to have a finished product which is clean, hard and durable and capable of performing as required in an engineering environment. Aggregates are used in the downstream production of our various end products such as Ready Mix Concrete, Concrete blocks, Masonry and Mortars and Asphalt.
The most commonly produced sizes are,
0/4mm, 2/6.3mm, 4/10mm,10/14mm, 14/20mm, 20/31.5mm, 31.5/40mm
Some aggregates have specific properties which give good resistance to polishing when used in Surface Course Asphalt materials. These aggregates are termed as High PSV aggregate and are used to either surface dress the pavement, are incorporated into the hot asphalt mix or are applied to the surface as a pre-coated chipping.
Production is managed under our ISO 9001 Quality Management scheme with all locations having either System 2+ or 4 levels of attestation of conformity as appropriate.
Key features and benefits
- Strong and durable to meet the demands of the civil engineering environment
- Available in a range of sizes and gradings
- Made from local materials manufactured to the highest standards
- Large volumes can be accommodated
- Technical advice available
- EN 13242 Aggregates for Unbound and Hydraulically Bound Materials (S.R. 21)
- EN 12620 Aggregates for Concrete (S.R.16)
- EN 13043 Aggregates for Bituminous Materials (S.R. 17)
- EN 13139 Aggregates for Mortars (S.R.18)
- EN 13450 Aggregates for Railway Ballast