Roadstone architectural concrete mixes are specifically designed and manufactured to provide the highest quality architectural finishes. Sometimes referred to as visual concrete, fair faced finish or special finish, architectural concrete is designed and required to have a more visually pleasing appearance compared with a basic concrete finish. Architectural concrete demands careful selection of materials and requires a reasonably high cement content to achieve a rich concrete matrix that will in turn give an improved and consistent surface finish both in texture and colour. In achieving an architectural concrete finish the selection of the formwork type, release agent, workmanship in placing, compacting, curing and protecting the concrete are vital elements to achieving the desired quality of finish.
- Aesthetically important elements and structures
- Offices, showrooms and commercial buildings
- Schools and educational institutions
- Domestic dwellings
Architectural Concrete, Pálás Cinema Galway
Key features and benefits
- Visually pleasing finish
- Good reflective properties (reduces lighting costs)
- Low in life time maintenance
- Made from local materials manufactured to the highest standards
- Available in a range of colours
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS AND STANDARDS
- I.S. EN 206 – Concrete Part 1 : Specification, Performance, Production and Conformity
- I.S. EN 13670 : – Execution of Concrete Structures
- National Structural Concrete Specification for Building Construction
- NRA Specification for Road Works – Series 1700
- Project Specific Specifications.
Note : Selection of the formwork type, release agent, workmanship in placing, compacting, curing and protecting the concrete are also vital elements to achieving a good architectural concrete finish.