Roadstone Limited has been manufacturing the Aristocrat walling masonry range of internal masonry blocks since 1992. The Aristocrat block has been developed to provide an economical, high quality light coloured block which does not require to be plastered and has air tightness properties better than 3m3/hr/m2 @ 50 Pascal’s.
Aristocrat Walling has been specified and used in numerous schools, industrial, retail, and commercial projects, including Dundrum Town Centre and the new Aviva Stadium Lansdowne Road.
Roadstone Aristocrat is now the first choice for specifiers when air tightness control and improved sound reduction performance are the key requirements. Aristocrat also provides an economic, aesthetically pleasing solution for un-rendered internal walls that may or may not be painted.
In addition, the walling has a number of characteristics which make it particularly useful in sustainable buildings.
- Tight textured finish with excellent air leakage control
- Ideal for painting
- Range compressive strength
- Class A1 - Fire resistance
- Excellent sound insulation
- Long term durability
- Manufactured to tight dimensional tolerances
- Low thermal conductivity and high thermal capacity
- Excellent arises for sharp corner details
- Extensive range of solid and hollow blocks
- Standard sizes - metric 450mm and modular 400mm ranges
- Wide choice of accessory products
- Available nationwide
- Cost effective
Standard Concrete Blocks
- I.S. EN ISO 9001:2000 quality management system
- I.S. EN 771-3:2011 Specification for Masonry Units – Part 3: Aggregate Concrete Masonry Units using an NSAI, System 2+ Certificate of factory production control.
- Roadstone products also meet the statutory requirements of the relevant sections of The Irish Building Regulations 2014
- 450mm Range 100mm / 140mm / 215mm
- 400mm Range 90mm / 190mm
- Quoins, Cavity, Closer, Lintels, Bond Beams
- The full Forticrete range of shapes and sizes can be made to order .
- Available to I.S. EN772-1 fm dry
- Group 1 (solid) 7.5N/mm² 13N/mm² and 18N/mm²
- Group 2 (cavity) 4.5N/mm² 5N/mm² and 13N/mm²
- Euro code 6 – I.S. EN 1996 Design of Masonry Structures – Part 1-2: General Rules – Structural Fire Design, defines the methods and calculations to determine the fire resistance of concrete block walls. Table N.B3.1 to table N.B3.6 of annex A, Roadstone Blocks have a Class A1 Fire rating
- Thermal Properties:
I.S. EN 1745 Masonry and masonry products-Methods for determining design thermal values: Table A3
- Typical Thermal resistance “R” value of 100 mm solid block = 0.075 (m²K/W)
- Typical Thermal resistance “R” value of 215 mm cavity block = 0.210 (m²K/W)