Farmcrete concrete mixes are specifically designed for use in the construction of farmyards, roadways, milking parlours, livestock buildings, silage pits and structures for containment of silage effluent and farm run-off fluids.
The farm environment places severe demands on concrete due to the aggressive nature of silage effluent, animal waste and heavy machinery traffic. Roadstone – with its nationwide distribution of concrete plants has been continually supplying concrete to the farming sector since 1960. During this long period the company has built up vast experience in supplying the sector and continue to expand their reputation for quality, expertise, reliability and service.
Key features and benefits
- Strong, Durable and long lasting for the agricultural environment
- Complies with the Dept. of Agriculture, Food & Marine S.100 - 2015 specifications
- Made from local materials manufactured to the highest standards
- Available in a range of mixes and strengths to suit all exposures and applications
- Mix design and technical advice available
- Available in a range of colours
Concrete Mix Specifications
- S. 100 : Minimum Specification for concrete grades used in agricultural structures. Department of Agriculture, Food and Marine
- S. 101 : Minimum Specification for the structure of agricultural buildings
- S. 123 : Minimum Specification for bovine livestock units and reinforced tanks
- I.S. EN 206 – 1 : – Concrete Part 1: Specification, performance, production and conformity.
Summary of Dept of Agriculture, Food and Marine S.100 – 2015 Specifications
S100 Mix A 45N: C35/45 Farmcrete
Concrete for use in; Walled silos, silo slabs, silage aprons, silo channels, purpose built silage effluent tanks.
- Minimum Cement Content: 360kgs/m³
- Maximum water/cement ratio: 0.5
- Exposure classes: XA3, XC4, XF3 (25 year life)
- Maximum Aggregate Size: D20 (20mm)
S100 Mix B 37N: C30/37 Farmcrete
Concrete for use in; All purposes including slurry tanks to which sillage effluent may be directed.
- Minimum Cement Content: 310kgs/m³
- Maximum water/cement ratio: 0.55
- Exposure classes: XC4, XF2 (except for exposed yard slabs where XF3 applies) XA1 (25 year life)
- Maximum Aggregate Size: D 20 (20mm)