Fast-Set/Rapid Hardening Concrete
Roadstone fast-set & rapid hardening concrete is specifically designed to allow for quick setting and faster finishing of concrete any time of the year but particularly in colder winter conditions.
Incorporating accelerating admixtures the set time of concrete can be substantially reduced allowing for much quicker power trowelling of flat surfaces and quicker removal of formwork resulting in substantial time saving, more efficient use of labour and equipment, saving in overtime and hire cost of equipment.
This concrete is an ideal solution where programme time is critical or lower temperatures are expected. Concrete placed in a floor at 8:00am can be power trowelled and completely finished by 12:00pm. The mix has similar slump, strength and placing characteristics to normal concrete and requires no special treatment other than an organised placing plan to take advantage of the improved setting time.
- Ideal for floors and footpaths
- Cold weather concreting
- Time critical situations
- Quick turnaround of formwork
- Tidal work
Key features and benefits
- Eliminates costly overtime
- Reduces hire cost of equipment
- Improves productivity
- Shortens programme times
- Prevents vandalism of fresh concrete
- Can be used and placed like normal concrete
- I.S. EN 206 – Concrete Part 1 : Specification, Performance, Production and Conformity
- NRA Specification for Road Works – Series 1700
- Project Specific Specifications