Roadstone manufactures the most extensive range of Fine Texture blocks in Ireland from the highest quality aggregates produced at our own quarries that are specially graded to give a finer texture than standard blocks.
Fine texture blocks are either left un-plastered or painted for use in internal walls. Typical application for fine texture blocks include churches, schools, sports centres, office, factories etc.
- Available in High compressive strength
- Class A1 - Fire resistance
- Excellent sound insulation
- Long term durability
- Sustainable production process
- Low thermal conductivity and high thermal capacity
- Extensive range of solid and hollow blocks
- Standard sizes - metric 450mm and modular 400mm ranges
- Wide choice of accessory products
- Produced nationwide
- Cost effective
Standard Concrete Blocks
- I.S. EN ISO 9001:2000 quality management system
- I.S. EN 771-3:2011 Specification for Masonry Units – Part 3: Aggregate Concrete Masonry Units using an NSAI, System 2+ Certificate of factory production control.
- Roadstone products also meet the statutory requirements of the relevant sections of The IrishBuilding Regulations 2014
- 450mm Range 100mm / 140mm / 215mm
- 400mm Range 90mm / 190mm
- Quoins, Cavity, Closer, Lintels, Bond Beams
- The full Forticrete range of shapes and sizes can be made to order .
- Available to I.S. EN772-1 fm dry
- Group 1 (solid) 7.5N/mm² 13N/mm² and 18N/mm²
- Group 2 (cavity) 4.5N/mm² 5N/mm² and 13N/mm²
- Euro code 6 – I.S. EN 1996 Design of Masonry Structures – Part 1-2: General Rules – Structural Fire Design, defines the methods and calculations to determine the fire resistance of concrete block walls. Table N.B3.1 to table N.B3.6 of annex A, Roadstone Blocks have a Class A1 Fire rating
- I.S. EN 1745 Masonry and masonry products-Methods for determining design thermal values . table A3
- Typical Thermal resistance “R” value of 100 mm solid block = 0.084 (m²K/W)
- Typical Thermal resistance “R” value of 215 mm cavity block = 0.210 (m²K/W)