Forticrete architectural masonry has been manufactured in Ireland by Roadstone for over 40 years.
Forticrete features an aesthetically pleasing external or internal masonry finish that has stood the test of time. Due to its unique combination of 12 colours, 6 textures and almost 100 block types, there is a vast array of bespoke design possibilities.
Used extensively for commercial buildings, schools, boundary walls and domestic dwellings throughout Ireland, Forticrete can be used to form the external leaf of a cavity wall construction and does not require plastering or painting.
Forticrete offers an opportunity to create designs using a large combination of colours, sizes and textures to create outstanding building facades.
- I.S. EN 771-3 Specification for masonry units – Part 3.
- The current Irish design code for masonry is Eurocode 6. I.S. EN 1996-1-1 General rules for reinforced and unreinforced masonry structures.
- I.S. EN 1996-1-2 General rules. Structural fire design.
- I.S. EN 1996-2: Design considerations, selection of materials and execution of masonry.
- S.R. 325: Recommendations for the design of Masonry structures in Ireland to Eurocode 6 provides recommendations for detailing and exposure/durability tables.
- I.S. EN 998-2 Specification for mortar for masonry — Part 2: Masonry mortar.
- S.R. 18: Guidance on the use of I.S. EN 13139. Aggregates for mortar
- 450mm Range 100mm / 140mm / 215mm
- 400mm Range 90mm / 140mm /190mm
- Quoins, Cavity, Closer, Lintels, Bond Beams
- The full Forticrete range of shapes and sizes can be made to order
- Available to I.S. EN772-1 fm dry
- Group 1 (solid) 13N/mm² and 17N/mm²
- Group 2 (cavity) 5N/mm² and 13N/mm²
- For the fire ratings of walls constructed using Forticrete units refer to the national annex of I.S. EN 1996-1-2 General rules, Structural fire design. Fire rating up to 4 hours can be achieved for
loadbearing and non-loadbearing walls, constructed with Forticrete Masonry units.
- I.S. EN 1745 Masonry and masonry products-Methods for determining design thermal values . table A3
- Typical Thermal resistance “R” value of 100mm solid block = 0.084 W/mK
- Typical Thermal resistance “R” value of 215mm cavity block = 0.210 W/mK