Bitumen Macadam or Asphalt Concrete is a mixture of aggregate, filler and bitumen and can be dense, medium or open graded depending on the end application. Macadams can be classified into three main layer categories: Base, Binder and Surface Course.
Base and Binder course materials usually form the lower layers in a pavement. These layers give the pavement its load bearing capability.
The surface course is the layer that is in contact with the traffic; the properties of this layer are dependent on the performance requirement of the surface.
Asphalt Concrete is used in National and Non National Roads, driveways, car parks, pathways etc.
Key features and benefits
- Uniform even finish
- Good load bearing capability
- Versatile material
- Available in a range of mixes for a range of uses
- Made from local materials to the highest standards
- 100% Recyclable
Produced in accordance with
- IS EN 13108-1 Asphaltic Concrete
- NSAI’s Standard Recommendation (SR) 28
- IS EN 13108-20: Type Testing and IS EN13108-21: Factory Production Control