Roadstone Soundblox, sound absorbing structural masonry units, offers an attractive, efficient and economical means for acoustical correction and noise control. The durability of Soundblox units permits their use in walls in industrial plants, gymnasiums and mechanical equipment rooms etc.
Soundblox derive their excellent sound absorption from a unique cavity-slot resonator construction with the absorption greatly increased by the use of metal septa and fibrous fillers in the cavities. The cavities are closed at the top and the slots allow the closed cavities to act as damped (Helmholtz) resonators.
- High sound absorption
- Load-bearing structural units
- Same high compressive strength as ordinary hollow blocks
- Close tight texture finish ideal for painting
- Long term durability
- Noise Reduction Coefficient: 0.75 Approx
- Available nationwide
- Installed conventionally
- No additional labour costs
- Cost effective
- I.S. EN ISO 9001:2000 quality management system
- I.S. EN 771-3:2011 Specification for Masonry Units – Part 3: Aggregate Concrete Masonry Units using an NSAI, System 2+ Certificate of factory production control.
- Roadstone products also meet the statutory requirements of the relevant sections of The Irish Building Regulations 2014
- 450mm Range 215mm twin pot cavity
- Available to I.S. EN772-1 fm dry
- Group 2 (cavity) 13N/mm²
- Euro code 6 – I.S. EN 1996 Design of Masonry Structures – Part 1-2: General Rules – Structural Fire Design, defines the methods and calculations to determine the fire resistance of concrete block walls. Table N.B3.1 to table N.B3.6 of annex A, Roadstone Blocks have a Class A1 Fire rating
- I.S. EN 1745 Masonry and masonry products-Methods for determining design thermal values . Table A3
- Typical Thermal resistance “R” value of 215 mm cavity block = 0.210 (m²K/W)