Roadstone Soundblox, sound absorbing structural masonry units, offers an attractive, efficient and economical means for acoustical correction and noise control. The durability of Soundblox units permits their use in walls in industrial plants, gymnasiums and mechanical equipment rooms etc.
Soundblox derive their excellent sound absorption from a unique cavity-slot resonator construction with the absorption greatly increased by the use of metal septa and fibrous fillers in the cavities. The cavities are closed at the top and the slots allow the closed cavities to act as damped (Helmholtz) resonators.
Key features and benefits
- High sound absorption, Soundblox walls have superior sound transmission loss performance (STC) when compared to walls of ordinary masonry units of the same composition
- Soundblox are load-bearing structural units with the same high compressive strength as ordinary hollow concrete masonry units of the same composition
- They are installed conventionally, with little or no added labour, making their in-place cost low in comparison to most other acoustical materials
- Soundblox units provide practical means to build high sound absorption into the walls and balance the absorption in all directions
- Soundblox have a close tight texture finish which is ideal for painting
- Available nationwide
- Long term durability
- Cost effective
- Noise Reduction Coefficient: 0.75 Approx
- I.S. EN ISO 9001:2000 quality management system
- I.S. EN 771-3:2011 Specification for Masonry Units – Part 3: Aggregate Concrete Masonry Units using an NSAI, System 2+ Certificate of factory production control.
- Roadstone products also meet the statutory requirements of the relevant sections of The Irish Building Regulations 2014
- 450mm Range 215mm twin pot cavity
- Available to I.S. EN772-1 fm dry
- Group 2 (cavity) 13N/mm²
- Euro code 6 – I.S. EN 1996 Design of Masonry Structures – Part 1-2: General Rules – Structural Fire Design, defines the methods and calculations to determine the fire resistance of concrete block walls. Table N.B3.1 to table N.B3.6 of annex A, Roadstone Blocks have a Class A1 Fire rating
- I.S. EN 1745 Masonry and masonry products-Methods for determining design thermal values . Table A3
- Typical Thermal resistance “R” value of 215 mm cavity block = 0.210 (m²K/W)