- 1. What is a Roadstone Thermal Liteblock?
A lightweight concrete block with an excellent thermal conductivity (Lambda λ) value of 0.33W/mk.
- 2. What is the strength, weight and size of the block ?
Compressive Strength 7.5N/mm2
Dimensions 440mm(L) x 100mm(W) x 215mm(H)
- 3. What is Part L of the Building Regulations?
The requirements regarding conservation of fuel and energy for new dwellings are laid out in Building Regulations (Part L Amendment) Regulations 2011 including the limitation of thermal bridging in the building fabric.
- 4. What is fabric first approach?
Energy efficient design begins with a fabric first approach whereby the buildings shape, orientation, thermal mass and a focus on detailing that limits thermal bridging will save energy.
- 5. What is a Y factor calculation ?
The DEAP calculation accounts for thermal bridging at junctions between building plane elements and around openings using a (y) factor.
- 6. What is a thermal bridge ?
Thermal bridging is a localised area of the building envelope where the heat flow is increased in comparison with that of adjacent areas due to the discontinuation of insulation at building junctions.
- 7. Where do I use Roadstone Thermal Liteblocks ?
The Roadstone Thermal Liteblock is required at key junctions to provide reductions in thermal bridging and heat loss.
- 8. Do I need to use a special mortar / plaster ?
Roadstone Thermal Liteblock provides excellent adhesive properties with traditional mortars and renders.
- 9. Is the Roadstone Thermal Liteblock CE marked?
The Roadstone Thermal Liteblock is CE marked in accordance with the requirements of I.S. EN771-3 to system 2+.
- 10. Where can I get technical info on Thermal Liteblocks?
Roadstone has a dedicated technical team to deal with enquiries on the requirements Part L of the Building Regulations and our solution- Thermal Liteblock.
- 11. How will I get the construction details for my house ?
Please contact one of our technical team to discuss your building project and to access certified construction details.
Michael Vaughan – 0862453881
Thomas Holden – 0872585445
- 12. How can I identify the Thermal Liteblocks during construction?
Roadstone Thermal Liteblock is heather in colour to facilitate easier identification and inspection.
- 13. How many blocks in a bale ?
80 blocks in each hooded bale
- 14. Where can I order the blocks ?
Blocks can be ordered from any of our depots.