Roadstone 7.5 N Thermal Liteblock is manufactured in Ireland, achieving Thermal conductivity (Lambda λ) values less than 0.33 W/mK, using a special mix which includes light weight aggregates. This mix produces a concrete block with excellent insulation properties, while maintaining structural strength and allowing for traditional construction methods to be used.
The Roadstone Thermal Liteblock system combines the Roadstone Thermal Liteblock with the Roadstone concrete block range, which when used in accordance with the Acceptable Construction Details (ACDs), achieves psi values equal to or better than the standards set out in Technical Guidance Document (TGD) Part L 2019.
Roadstone has thermally modelled all relevant details in appendix D of TGD L 2019. From this extensive research Roadstone are now in a position to provide detail solutions that comply fully with psi value requirements outlined in TGD L 2019- Appendix D.
WINNER Best Interior Building Product – RIAI Architecture Choice Awards
WINNER Best New Product Innovation – Irish Build & Design Awards
WINNER Construction Product of the Year – Irish Construction Industry Awards
- Only required in key locations.
- Robust and durable concrete block available in both 7.5 N/mm2and 13N/mm2
- Unique in colour to enable traceability on site. Photographic recording of the Thermal Liteblock built on site can then form evidence of compliance for the Assigned Certifier, Architects, Engineers and BER assessors
- Excellent thermal conductivity (Lambda λ) value of 0.33 W/mK for 7.5N, 0.35 W/mK for 13N, which is a 300% improvement when compared to standard blocks.
- CE marked– manufactured to the requirements of I.S. EN 771-3 to System 2+
- Provides excellent adhesive properties with traditional mortars and renders
- When a full building specific (y) factor calculation is carried out using the psi values incorporating the Roadstone Thermal Liteblock, improved (y) factor as low as .03 can be achieved
- The thermal mass integrity of the building is maintained when using Roadstone Thermal Liteblock in conjunction with the Roadstone Concrete Block range
- The Thermal Liteblock system is a very cost effective solution and can result in significant savings in the overall build cost
- Roadstone can provide Standard Construction Details which are proven to comply with the psi value requirements and facilitates ease of compliance with TGD L 2019
- Reduced Thermal Bridging resulting in reduced heat loss, and lower heating bills
- Suits traditional construction methods familiar to Irish and UK designers and builders
- Improved (y) factor calculations are achieved when using the Roadstone Thermal Liteblock system
- Compliant U values are achieved without having to provide a cavity in excess of 150mm
Nearly Zero Energy Buildings (NZEB)
NZEB and Part L compliance using Thermal Liteblock
Nearly Zero Energy Building(NZEB) means a building that has a very high energy performance, as determined in accordance with Annex I. The nearly zero or very low amount of energy required should be covered to a very significant extent by energy from renewable sources, including energy from renewable sources produces on site or nearby.
The NZEB standard as set out in TGD L 2017 Buildings other than dwellings applies to works from 1st January 2019 (subject to transitional arrangements). For Public Sector bodies, NZEB applies from 31st December 2018.
In order to achieve NZEB compliance, it means that buildings will require improved Fabric Efficiency, which can be assisted through the use of Roadstone’s Thermal Liteblock system.